Sunday, October 02, 2005

Seminar set to raise awareness about Bipolar Disorder

"As she sips her cappuccino at a local cafe, Lorraine "Rainey" January greets fellow customers with a wide smile and sparkling eyes. "On the outside a lot of people think I'm very together and relaxed" says January, casually sweeping her blond hair from her forehead. "But if they could see me on the inside," she adds, trailing off as she takes another sip.

Most people wouldn't know it from looking at her, but January suffers from an often-debilitating mental illness known as bipolar disorder. "I want to paint a picture of a person you see every day and really has something to offer," says January. "I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell; that's my theme song," she says, referring to the matchbox twenty hit single."

Daily News Journal - Murfreesboro, TN