Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The A.I.M Center in Chattanooga, TN

A few weeks ago Patty Duke was invited to speak at the annual banquet for the A.I.M. Center. It's a very exciting project Patty was happy to learn more about and promote. Getting ideas shared from one end of the country to the other is one of the goals of this blog and Patty's web site. A link to the A.I.M. Center is here: A.I.M. Center in Chattanooga

"Since April 3, 1989, the A.I.M. Center has offered area residents disabled by a mental illness a chance and a place to develop or regain the vocational and social skills necessary to become productive and contributing members of society. A non-medical, nonprofit, private community organization, A.I.M. is dedicated to the psychosocial rehabilitation of individuals who not too long ago had no viable alternative to institutionalization or homelessness. "